Insuring Your RV in Montana

If you’re looking at forming a Montana LLC holding company to purchase your vehicles, you’ll need insurance. Montana does not require you to show proof of the insurance to actually license, register, and title the vehicle. Montana does require you to maintain insurance on the vehicle like every other state. Getting pulled over without proof of insurance would be a real problem for you, your employees, your members or your managers of the LLC or corporation.

We recommend the following agencies for quick insurance.

You can download and fill out the PDF here, or just simply click here to visit their site and signup.

Also, Explorer RV Insurance. Explorer RV can provide coverage listing your new LLC as the NAMED INSURED.


You can also go with for insurance.

You’ll have to either get commercial insurance under the LLC’s name, or use your personal insurance you have now and just add the RV. When setting it up, list the LLC name as the additionally insured. Most insurance companies like USAA and others allow this if the LLC is solely for the purpose of holding your assets such as an RV.

One of the things we like about Progressive Direct is that you can call them 24 hours a day. You can set it up online. They can email you proof of insurance or fax it to you. You can set up electronic delivery of your insurance policy. You can be totally electronic. Also, they can basically set up your insurance policy instantly, which is way better than dealing with lazy insurance agents that take forever to get back to you and just try to sell you a bunch of other insurance.

Progressive’s phone number is 1-800-776-4737 for RVs. If they want you to do commercial, it’s 1-888-806-9598, and general customer service is 1-800-776-4737.

Their main address is:

Corporate Headquarters
The Progressive Corporation
6300 Wilson Mills Rd.
Mayfield Village, Ohio 44143