Change Your Montana Registered Agent

The first step to changing agents is to hire a new registered agent. You can hire us for only $49 per year. After that, you’re ready to file.

Order Our Registered Agent Service – $49/year

Option One (Anytime): File a Statement of Change

You can change your registered agent in Montana at anytime by filing a Statement of Change of Registered Agent and/or Registered Office. When you hire us, you will find this document already pre-filled in your online account. You can download the form and print it out for filing.

There are two ways to file this form:

By Mail

Montana Secretary of State
PO Box 202801
Helena, MT 59620-2801

By Fax


There is no fee for filing a Statement of Change form. Typical processing is ten business days. You can expedite the filing for a fee:

  • 24-Hour Expedite: $20
  • 1-Hour Expedite: $100

Expedite fees can only be paid online at the Secretary of State Online Payment Portal. You can select the filing and expedite options online, pay the fee with a credit card, and then fax the document to the Secretary of State. Include your payment receipt with your faxed filing.

Option Two (Reporting Period Only): File an Annual Report

You can change your Montana registered agent when you file your Annual Report.

Annual Reports are filed between January 1 and April 15. Reports filed after April 15 are charged a $15 late fee.

While you can file the report by mail or fax, the Secretary of State encourages online filings, which are simpler and processed immediately. When you file your Annual Report online, you will see an option for selecting a registered agent. You can select us from the drop-down menu.

The fee for filing an Annual Report is $20. (Note: The Annual Report filing fee has been waived for the year 2024.)