Montana Chiropractor License Requirements

What are the requirements to become a chiropractor in Montana?

You can become a chiropractor in Montana by examination or endorsement.

To be licensed by examination, the applicant must have a bachelor’s degree and a Doctor of Chiropractic Degree, pass the national board chiropractic examination, and pass the Montana chiropractic jurisprudence exam.

To be licensed by endorsement, an applicant must have completed an equivalent program in their home state and possess a license from that state.  They are required to pass the Montana chiropractic jurisprudence exam.

How do I become a licensed chiropractor in Montana?

Submit an Application for Licensure as a Chiropractor to the Montana Board of Chiropractors (MBC).

Candidates must include a copy of their chiropractic diploma, two references, verification of licensure in any other state, and a check or money order for fees.  The applicant should make sure their transcripts (from undergrad and chiropractic college) and exam results are sent to the board.

Send your documents to:
Montana Board of Chiropractors
PO Box 200513
301 S Park, 4th floor
Helena, Montana 59620-0513
Phone: (406) 841-2202
Fax: (406) 841-2305

How much does the chiropractor license cost?

The application for licensure costs

The annual renewal fee is

Are there any continuing education requirements for Montana chiropractors?

Chiropractors must complete twelve hours of continuing education each year and an additional four hours of ethics every four years.

Does a Montana chiropractor have to form a certain type of business?

When you become a Montana licensed chiropractor, you may want to start your own chiropractic practice. Registering your Montana business entity with the Secretary of State offers chiropractors many benefits such as asset protection. Montana allows chiropractors to choose the entity that best suits their needs. Chiropractors may form standard partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies, etc. In Montana, chiropractors may also create professional corporations (PC) and professional limited liability companies (PLLC). These professional entities allow licensed individuals to form a corporation or LLC for the purpose of practicing their profession. Shareholders must also be licensed to render the service as must half of the officers and directors. Montana does not require entities to include a description of the service (such as the word “chiropractor” in the business name). If you choose to form a PC in Montana, you are required to file the Articles of Incorporation with the licensing authority, in this case, the Montana Board of Chiropractors.

This is where we come in. Once you have chosen the type of entity you want to form, we can file the appropriate documents with the Montana Secretary of State for you or provide all the information you need to do it yourself. We provide business formation services and ongoing business compliance services by acting as your registered agent for just $100.00. You get your Montana Chiropractor License and we will take care of properly forming your Montana business. And for just $49 per year, we will provide ongoing business compliance services by acting as your Montana Registered Agent.

MBC forms:

Montana SOS forms: