All Day $49 Montana Registered Agent and Incorporation Service Provider. Incorporate in Montana.
Montana Vehicle Registrations with the DMV - Step by Step Instructions
If you are looking to set up an LLC or corporation in Montana to hold your vehicles, motorhome, RV, trailer, or any licensable item, you will be able to easily license your vehicle by following our step by step procedure outlined here:
The agency responsible for the license plates and registrations is the Flathead county DMV. Flathead is one of the cheapest counties to license a vehicle in Montana in, because there is no excise tax in Flathead county. Helena and Missoula charge tax, so you'll need a registered agent in Flathead county to be tax free.
935 1st Avenue West
Kalispell, MT 59901
Dumbest DMV Mistakes
We only charge $839 for autos and $839 for RVs to set up your LLC AND get your license plates and registration. This includes the DMV fees. Our MT Vehicle registration service is unmatched in price and efficiency.
It's that simple!!
There's hundreds of websites out there offering RV LLC registrations, but those just come and go, and are just websites. We pick up clients from those sites all the time, where someone decided to start a website and use their home address to help people register their RV's in Montana. They just disappear and leave their clients high and dry or sell their websites to one of the other website people. We've seen a couple websites out there with residential addresses off in the woods, houses for rent or sale, and our favorite...a car wash... Just in our county alone! We get a lot of clients changing to us from a couple of real shady operations in Helena.
We are the quickest, most efficient, and cheapest Montana vehicle registration service. You'll save at least $400-1000 with us over any other firm in Montana. Some people feel better about things if they spend more money on them. We feel better knowing we get word of mouth referrals every day. With using us to form your LLC, it will be $294.00 and then about $200-300 for the Flathead DMV or you can pay us to register the vehicles for you. Our price is $550 for autos and $550 for RVs and that includes all the DMV fees. That's it. Here are the specifics on how to fill out the DMV forms:
- Fill out a Title Application. Here's an Example. (THE TITLE APPLICATION MUST BE IN THE COMPANY NAME, NOT IN YOUR PERSONAL NAME!)
- Fill out your title or certificate of origin with your Montana LLC name and our Montana address as the buyer.
- Send into the Flathead DMV with the credit card payment sheet.
- If the title does not have a chain of ownership on it, you'll have to fill out the Bill of Sale and notorize it, or use the one provided to you by a dealer or if you have one from the sale.
- if you mess up something on the documents and have to cross something out, you'll have to send in a Statement of Fact along with everything.
- You fill out the credit card authorization sheet and you'll pay the DMV the direct fees associated with the registration.
- You need to send in a printout of your LLC or corporation registration (we'll outline in more detail below). You can either just send the cover sheet returned to you or the whole packet.
- We prefer you use FedEx or UPS to send your documents to the DMV with tracking, and include a pre-paid, pre-labeled FedEx or UPS envelope back to your address. They will put the plates and registration in it after they process it, and UPS or FedEx will pick it up at the DMV at their normal daily pickup times. If you pay for overnight delivery both ways, you'll literally have your plates and registration in a couple of days. (Unless it's the end or beginning of the month, as the DMV is usually slammed during these days.)
- The title will come in about a month because titles come from the main DMV headquarters and take about 3-4 weeks to be made.
It's that simple!!
APPLICATION FOR TITLE Form Example
Now there are 2 law firms in Missoula that do full service RV registrations. If you don't want to save some money by mailing your paperwork into the DMV yourself, please only use Bennett Law or Bjornson Law. They charge about $1000 - $1250. There's hundreds of websites out there offering RV LLC registrations, but those just come and go, and are just websites. We pick up clients from those sites all the time, where someone decided to start a website and use their home address to help people register their RV's in Montana. They just disappear and leave their clients high and dry or sell their websites to one of the other website people. We've seen a couple websites out there with residential addresses off in the woods, houses for rent or sale, and our favorite...a car wash... Just in our county alone! We get a lot of clients changing to us from a couple of real shady operations in Helena. Using a full service RV registration website will basically cost you 2-5 times what you will pay with us, but some people feel better about things if they spend more money on them. With using us to form your LLC, it will be $294.00 and then about $200-300 for the Flathead DMV. That's it. Here are the specifics on how to fill out the DMV forms:
- Applicant Section
- Legal Name: Make sure to put your full legal name of the LLC. This should be exactly like on the corporate documents with periods, commas, or lack there-of.
- Corporate ID: this is the number on your corporate documents. If you can't find it, just do a search for yourself here:
Click on your name when it pulls up and on the next page you'll see your ID# on the second line. You don't need a tax ID to license a vehicle under your LLC or corporation.
- Co-applicant: Leave blank
- Owner or Lessee: mark if you own the vehicle or if you’re leasing it
- Mailing address: You can put yours here if you want everything from the DMV to go directly to you. They will mail your renewal post card to this address and the plates, registration, and title if you don’t include a pre-paid envelope in your original registration packet. The mailing address does not need to be in Montana. If you don’t want to list yours, you can list our Montana address here.
- Residential address: This is your Montana LLC headquarter address (121 Wisconsin Ave. STE 101 Whitefish, MT 59937) because your Montana LLC is a resident of Montana.
- Vehicle Section
- Manufacturers suggested retail price: If you register a vehicle in Helena or Missoula, this would be important because those counties charge an excise sales tax, but Flathead County does not, so this isn’t important, but you should put your price here.
- Year: Year of vehicle.
- Make: Dodge, Chevy, Ford, etc…
- Model: Ram, Taurus, Super Duty, Prius, etc…
- Style: 4 door, 2 door, MH (Motorhome), leave blank if trailer.
- VIN number: make sure it’s right!!
- Color: Only one color. Pick the most prevalent one if you have multiple colors.
Don't pick a color like Vanilla sweet cream white; just put white.
- Fuel type: Diesel or gas.
- Unladen Weight: This is the weight of the vehicle with nothing in it. You can guess, it doesn’t have to be exact, but should be close.
- Motor Home: A, B, or C class.
You must select one of these if its a motorhome.
- Trucks 1 ton and under: Leave blank if you don’t have a truck, or if you have a RV.
- Trucks over 1 ton: This is the GVW found on the sticker inside your door.
- Trailer: need to know the weight its rated to and the length of the trailer.
- Motorcycle: Engine size, Wheel size and overall base. Leave blank if not applicable.
- Lien Section: Mark no if you don't have a lien. If so, you'll need to enter your bank's information.
- Odometer: Leave this blank if you didn’t buy from a dealer. If you did, the dealer will need to sign and fill out this part. Or the more likely option is that the dealer will have a different set of paperwork that they give you for this, and you can include that with this application.
- Applicant's Acknowledgement:
- You fill out the date information.
- Signature: Sign the document then put after it “Manager on behalf of _______ (Your company name)"
So example: Your signature-manager on behalf of Your LLC name.
- Commercial applicant: Fill in the LLC or Corporation name exactly as on the corporate documents.
- Printed name of applicant: Leave blank because you’re put the name on the commercial entity blank.
Please remember that the company name needs to be written as it appears on the corporate documents with commas and periods in the name if you have some, and omitting commas and periods if you don't have them.
TITLE OR CERTIFICATE OF ORIGIN
You will need to make sure there’s a chain of ownership on the title, and the buyer has to be listed as your Montana company name at your Montana office address. When you sign it make sure to sign the title the same way as the buyer: Your name-manager on behalf of your LLC name. Everything on the title needs to be original signatures and there cannot be cross outs. If there are, you need to fill out the Statement of Fact.
If you bought the vehicle from a private party:
If the title does not have a chain of ownership on it into the LLC name, you will need to submit the bill of sale you have from the sale or fill out a new Bill of Sale. The Bill of Sale MUST be notarized.
If you bought the vehicle from a dealer:
If you're wondering what to do with your Bill of Sale from the dealer, just send in one of the carbon copies to the DMV with your titlework. If they don't need it, they will send it back to you. You only need one Bill of Sale and should use the dealer one if they gave you a Bill of Sale.
Please remember all titlework must be originals. Your LLC paperwork is ok as a copy, but titles, title applications, Bill of Sale, and basically anything regarding title work needs to be original.
Title Application Here's an Example.
Statement of Fact
Bill of Sale
Credit Card Payment Sheet
Insuring your RV